Friday, June 15, 2012

The Dogs' Reaction

The question asked by anyone that knows us: how are the dogs reacting to the baby?

Actually, better than I hoped. We had the chance to prepare them, as it took awhile for Ivan and I to finally come home. They had the opportunity to sniff lots of blankets that smelled like me, C, baby Ivan, and spit-up. And since I was gone for so long, they were very excited about these blankets.

When we finally came home, there was a lot of sniffing. Bella and Bailey licked Ivan's head and Boris kind of watched. Boris was very intrigued by the noises coming out of this tiny creature and soon enough, his nose was sniffing all over Ivan as well.

Currently, Bella will still lick his head every once in awhile. Bailey and Boris like to sleep at my feet while I'm nursing or pumping in the nursery. Bailey curls up right beside the changing table whenever she's in there.




Boris does what his breed was made for - he follows me room to room and checks on Ivan whenever the little guy makes a sound. It drives Boris nuts that he can't see over the side of the bassinet or pack'n'play when Ivan's sleeping. And when Ivan's fussing, Boris likes to lick his hand (he tries to lick him in the face) and then stare at him.

There is nothing in any of the three dogs' behavior that makes me think that they are a danger to Ivan, but we also have gates on the nursery and our bedroom for prudence sake. And I'm not letting Boris babysit any time soon.

- Posted from my mobile phone

No comments: