Monday, June 11, 2012

Introducing Our Son

On Friday, May 25th, at 135pm, Ivan arrived earth side via c-section. We are both healthy and well. Ivan needed to spend twelve days in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) due to his prematurity and low birthweight (born at 35wks, 3days gestation and 4lbs, 6oz) and I was allowed to board at the hospital after I was discharged as long as he was in the NICU.
This little man is beautiful and wonderful and everything we hoped for and wanted.

Day he was born!

All the monitors, IV, etc. from the NICU.

Taking care of little dude in his isolette (glass box).

Bottle feeding because it allowed his feeding tube to come out!

Before the feeding tube came out, in his cute monkey outfit! Next to me, he sure looks tiny.

Carseat: headed home after living at the hospital for twelve days!

3 comments:

Miriah said...

oooh I just love you! And I love him so much too! So much love. He is just such a handsome little man, and his mama is looking lovely as always!!!

the barnes family said...

So cute! I'm so happy for you and your family! Can't wait to meet the little guy.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable, Anne!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! CONGRATS!!

Amanda J.