Friday, June 15, 2012

Three Weeks Old

Baby Ivan is three weeks old today and we weren't even expecting him here yet. That is difficult to believe! He's already so much a part of our family that even if he's sleeping in another room, it doesn't quite feel right.

One of the most heard comments is currently, "He's so small!" He IS small, sort of, but I'm guessing not for long. We went to his first pediatrician appointment one week ago on June 8th (for perspective, I was originally planning on having a baby shower on June 9th) and were able to see Dr. W, who followed Ivan in the NICU. Her office is awesome, but still quite a trek across the city. She was wonderful and we found that in the three days since he was discharged from the hospital, Ivan had gone up in weight from 4-7 to 4-13, which is awesome. He also had gained another inch in length from birth: 17in to 18in.

Since everything looked good, we went ahead and switched Ivan to my family doctor, Dr. T, and we had an appointment with her yesterday. Ivan officially weighed in at 5lbs, 6oz! He also grew another inch to get to 19in! Looks like we're feeding him the right stuff! We actually switched to Dr. T for a few reasons: she's closer and part of the med center I work for, I trust her, she does not push prescriptions unless they are necessary, and she's flexible about vaccinations (we're still researching those).

And the important part: photos.

Beautiful boy.



Sleepy boy.



Burrito boy. He's trying to break free/eat his swaddle pod. I just put him in there to keep his hands warm!



*I'll see if I can't get a few eyes-wide-open photos for the next post.

- Posted from my mobile phone

2 comments:

Casie said...

Adorable - I love his cute little profile! :)

the barnes family said...

I love him already! Please call me when you're ready for us to come visit. I'm aching for cuddle time with the little burrito. :) Oh, and I'm so glad he's bulking up so nicely. He'll have some big muscles in no time!