Sunday, October 25, 2009

Taking Care of Fish-ness

I know you guys just LOVE my collages! Like I said, we cleaned the fish tank on Saturday and I don't think it has been done in a year. Which is actually fine, except some fish have died in there and in case it was an environmental thing, I thought we needed a clean fish tank. We were left with a sucker fish that measures about twelve inches long (can reach two feet) and a tiny little creek fish that had been hiding for so long that we didn't know he was in there. He could have been the legendary fish that survived (without our knowledge) in less than an inch of water inside of a shell for about thirty minutes when we cleaned the tank last. Who knows.

C scrubbing the tank (I helped!) and the living room in disarray. Cleaning the tank means we get to rearrange because otherwise we are not moving that tank full of water (no idea how much it weighs). Mom, Dad, you guys get the exercise machine back. It's great to hang things on.

The glorious sucker fish that I named Pluto. We took the dogs up to Petsmart and got some schooling fish and a few plants. I think there are some Bala Sharks, whatever the stripey ones are called, about five goldfish, and we got a tiny sucker fish (maximum length is six inches) and I named her Plutonia. It's so nice to gaze over at the tank now and see lots of fish! The schooling ones are especially fun to watch as they meander around.

1 comment:

annaO said...

i can't see the pictures! sadness.