Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where Did All EIGHT of Those Years Go?

For your viewing pleasure, I went through the pictures on my computer and found the OLDEST ones of C and me. Why? Because we are celebrating (or, probably not celebrating) the EIGHT year anniversary of when we started dating today. October 27th is the day that I told C that this whole friends-thing we were trying to pull off just wasn't working for me. And then I kissed him. And we were "officially" dating. That's how these things work in my world.
That said, the best pictures are probably film and in a plastic bin in the other room and since I have a newer laptop (thanks, Mom!), I don't have everything on here. We're going to work with it, though.

R, me, and C in the summertime. I'm guessing it was May or June of 2002. Since I basically dated both of them from the get-go, it is fitting that the earliest photograph I can find is of the three of us. Mom and Dad's backyard, on the trampoline, after church. I've got some funnier ones of R jumping if anyone is interested.

July 2002 at the museum in KC. Yes, I love him. Couldn't tell you why I am wearing the same shirt as the picture before though. Maybe I really really liked it? Anyway, C is just so cute. We went up to KC with Mom, Dad, sister, and some family friends. It was a fun time.

I love this picture. This was probably around March/April of 2003. That bundle of fur is baby Bella, if you can believe it. For those of you that don't know, Bella has a story about why we have her and it is part tragedy, and more parts love. She came into our lives when we most needed her. We were showing her off to my parents in this picture and in the upper left corner, you can see an old family picture on the wall featuring just me and Dad. How funny. Mom, how long has that pillow that Bella's wrapped up in been in the family?


This was a little bit later in 2003, not sure when. But it fully exposes you to the ever changing hair and facial hair of the one I love. He's so funny. I don't think I let him wear those khakis anymore, but I'm sure he still has them.
No telling what would have happened if I wouldn't have amped this relationship up a notch eight years ago. But I am sure glad that I did. To put it in perspective, I had a ring on my finger a little over seven months after this October 27, 2001 date.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laura said...

CUTE!! I never knew your story, but I loved it! It's actually pretty similar to what happened with Matt and I! I guess lots of guys need a little extra push to go beyond the friendship stage. Congrats on your anniversary!

Casie said...

Must be a strong woman gene somewhere in the Manhattan water. Maybe the guys worth marrying are the ones who need a little "push." :)(ahem* Dustin)
I'v enjoyed reading your recent updates!

Miriah said...

Okay, so I know the A and C story almost as well as the AM and R story--and it never gets old. I adore the pictures of the three of you on the trampoline--and am pretty sure I have a goofy one of R jumping!!!

the barnes family said...

Awwww! So cute! Love your sweet story!