Tuesday, June 9, 2009

EIGHT X EIGHT

Tagged by: Haley @ The Olsons

*Since this is an Anne/C blog and I am perfectly at ease with putting words in C’s mouth, the first four of every eight answers are mine and the following four are C’s answers that I derived from the last (almost) eight years of companionship.

EIGHT Things I Am Looking Forward to:
A: Spending three days in IA with C
AM + R’s baby girl entering the world in August
J’s wedding in SC
Reading the HP series all over again. Starting . . . now! Where , oh where, did I misplace book one? Oops, had to buy a new (old/used) copy.
C: The Dodge PowerWagon Rally in IA this weekend!!! (Really, he is very excited)
“Finishing” the Dodge PowerWagon (still needs working gauges, different seats, a diesel, roll cage, canvas top, etc.).
Starting on the Jeep Wagoneer (putting in a 455, I think).
Getting the porch on the house redone.

EIGHT Things I Did Yesterday:
A: Finished Saving Zoe and started Hoot (don’t recommend either book yet).
Received a voicemail from J (but didn’t get the awesome news until today!).
Was told to buy buns: hamburger and hot dog.
Watched a really interesting show about codependent twin anorexics.
C: Ate some tuna salad and crackers.
Watched some creepy show about dumb anorexic girls.
Did some work at home.
Briefly discussed the IA trip with Anne.

EIGHT Things I Wish I Could Do:
A: Heal the sick (including taking the pain away from my friends and family).
Be an awesome soccer player.
Write a book that I absolutely love; in that completely narcissistic way.
Ensure that C and I die at the same moment, but not in a creepy way.
C: Take part in Demo Derby every single year.
*
*
Fly.

EIGHT Shows We Watch:
NCIS
Burn Notice
Criminal Minds
House
CSI
How I Met Your Mother
Dirty Jobs
Deadliest Catch

EIGHT Favorite Movies/Books:
A: Realm of Possibilities/Fat Kid Rules the World/Cat’s Eye/Sexing the Cherry (books)
Boondock Saints/Saved/10 Things I Hate About You/Mean Girls (movies)
C: *You would have to ask him, as I would probably get these wrong*
*But I do know that he really likes strawberry ice cream and that has to count for something.
EIGHT Places I’d Like to Travel to:
A: Hawaii
Israel/Saudi Arabia
Alaska (cruise)
Brazil/Peru
C: Hawaii
Germany
Washington state (?)
Canada (?)

EIGHT Places I’ve Lived:
A: Manhattan
Ottawa
Manhattan
Spring Hill
C: Junction City
Salina
Manhattan
Spring Hill

EIGHT Others that may or may not care to participate in the EIGHT X EIGHT thingy:
Courtney (ha, tagged twice!)

3 comments:

Miriah said...

Is it terribly sappy that this made me miss you so much that I teared up? Love you so very much and I am SO glad that you and C get a little break/vacation. It will be a wonderful time! I hope for pictures! And I will do 8x8 but may wait till R gets home and get his input!

the barnes family said...

You are so funny and too cute! I love your personality! And because I got tagged twice, does that mean I have to do it twice? I'm not that interesting, I promise! Maybe I'll do one for Dan and then me. Miss you!

Laura said...

Hi Anne,

Just found your new blog and I LOVE all the pictures! That's too funny about the garage door. And you are correct about missing the prairie when you are gone. These are just a few comments from previous posts I had all rolled into one!