Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dodgin' the Country Roads

A weekend out at C's parents' house is one of the best perks I received when I married into the family. The piece of land they own is something that they embody and I have grown to love it so much that I've invited it to be a part of me too. I love that this is the house that C grew up in and that it is ever changing to become more convenient and useful for those that live there. This is the land that he and his brother roamed, hunted, and camped. And who ever forgets the creek? More fun times than I can count and I'm sure those times are tenfold for C.
I know C only built a bed on the dodge so that the dogs could ride. He is so thoughtful like that. This is Boris, Bella, and Porter.

Ever diligent about all aspects of his truck.

My beautiful, wonderful MIL. More important, the mother of C!

Seeing what C is doing: Boris and Bella.


G, the ever-present FIL: C's dad!


Bubba, the charmer.


All of the dogs: Boris, Loki, Bubba, Porter, and Bella.


All dogs again and we are goin' for a RIDE!


Loki yawning and Porter.


Boris is SO excited!

And a sweet Boris face.


Steadfast driver C.


The prairie. You miss it when you are gone - I promise.


Look at those hills and valley and the green prairie with a hint of flint rocks peeking out. This is what my home, C's home, is all about.

1 comment:

Kit said...

You never stop missing the prairie.

Hi Anne!