Friday, May 8, 2009

The Beginning of a Fish Fry

Thursday evening, about 9:30pm, the fish came home with C. They were not quite dead yet. Ironically, earlier in the day, I had debated the "Do fish have feelings and emotions?" question with a patient. This was in response to our big blue gill (in the fish tank in the house) seeming to mourn the loss of the little blue gill. I'm going to go ahead and believe that these wild, almost dead fish, don't have too many feelings.
Remind me to disinfect the truck bed before climbing in this weekend!
Technique isn't bad.


Filleting? Is that what it is called?
There was some meat there, but a very small amount. C says it is early in the season and the fish are pretty lean.


The silent beast lies in the grass, waiting for his prey. He is quiet and still, hoping that an antelope (okay, it's Boris, a little boy) happens near his post. He can remain in this position for . . . uh, mere moments (and I am so surprised that I got a picture of this pose).

Play with me! I will bite your leg, Bella!

Bella girl relaxing on the grass. I was surprised by the color that shows up when taking photos with a flash in pitch black dark - that is as close to her real life reddish sawgrass color as I have seen on film.

The Wagoneer is in the garage! This is progress!

No comments: