Saturday, October 6, 2012

Nineteen Weeks: We've Been Sick

And it's scary when it's your baby and it's the first time and you can hear him struggling to breathe and feel him burning up and (Lord, have mercy on us all) he is hungry, wants to nurse, but it doesn't feel good so he cries.

For half a second I felt guilty letting him sleep! for so long! in his swing! But then I realized that he's upright, making it easier to breathe through the congestion and he's been asleep for almoner two hours = rebuilding health. So we're good. Thankfully, we're on the downside of things and we seemed to combat this cold with saline solution, the bulb syringe, baby Vicks, and the tiniest amount of T.ylenol.

Oh, is there a mouse in my pocket, you ask? Nope, Ivan gifted his cold to me so that I'd have empathy. And I do. This cold stinks. The sore throat, the congestion, the headache. I almost didn't make it through work yesterday. And it's had me wishing that I could sleep as well as this:

And that they made bulb syringes for adults. And that I would have thought to have C pick up adult Vicks as well. For this, my friends is a Family Cold. I'm desperately hoping to not give it back to Ivan!

For those of you who love the baby hands. Me too. My beautiful baby. Soon to be well again!
- Posted from my mobile phone

2 comments:

Miriah said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! and I am sorry. that is just the worst. On top of EVERYTHING else you are juggling. I would bring some chicken soup if I was your neighbor...SOOON!!! Except--hopefully, this is a first that doesn't happen again for A LONG long long time! Get well soon little I and A!

Miriah said...

But I will still bring you dinner, but not sick people dinner, because hopefully, no more sickness. He is just beautiful. So sweet. And those fingers are yummers.