Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Function of the Space

Mine first because it is inside and easy to photograph (with the phone). This is the room you will sleep in, should you have the honor of bunking with us. It is called the orange room, but the paint color is as close as my dad would let me get to creamsicle (my dad is a paint man, so I respect his opinion - and he painted most of the house!). It used to be called the library, but there have been some functional/crafty changes.

The spectacular desk/work station that C made me. Still needs to be painted (by me) and it has a metal base, wood top, and measures 7ft x 3ft x 3ft. It seriously rocks. I could start listing all the cool stuff on it and under it, but that would take forever!




Fabulous quilt rack made by the talented C for my birthday is UP! The bright green is totally growing on me and despite it's huge girth, this rack is such a space saver! Would like to point out the ironing board (for quilting only) and the stacks of fabric just inside the closet. We'll be working on feasible, yet visible fabric storage soon - any ideas?




Just had to show you because it is that cool - the roly-poly sculpture/thread hanger doing it's job on the wall. I'm beginning to see the colors I gravitate towards: bright oranges, pinks and yellows, anyone?




Poor Athena has been wearing this barely unfinished dress for almost a year! And she's in the corner. Not to mention I think I know what she did to get those beads. One of these days I'll hem the bottom of the dress and the sleeves and wear my first (decent) dress.




A block from the quilt. That. Just. Won't. Play. Nice. Thanks to AM and EB, it might be finished soon, but not without anguish on the creator's part.




Line up of Jeeps in the driveway. Ugly blue house with accompanying cars not included. Grey & yellow and black Jeep are ours, the second yellow Jeep is one C is working on for a friend. Soon to be joined by another friend's reddish Jeep. It's a rather full driveway.




The garage, or, the reason we bought this house. Deeper and wider than a traditional two-car. C's domain. More driveway fans in the foreground: military Dodge, work Tahoe, and the black Dodge.




Inside the lair. Lots of stuff being moved around to make space for the Jeeps C is working on.




Another angle of C's workspace. The Jeep doors on the wall crack me up because they're still muddy. Many cool tools and pieces of equipment in here.




Really, it's a relatively small house on a piece of land (in town), so I figure we're lucky to have the space and resources to pursue the hobbies we enjoy. Which, is what we're doing today.

- Posted from my mobile phone

1 comment:

the barnes family said...

Thanks for the tour and for adding "in town" for those of us who might have been confused! I will have to make it there for a visit one of these days!