Thursday, April 21, 2011

LittleC's Quilt

My C and I returned on Sunday from a fantastic weekend with our friends N&A. They moved back to the heartland at the beginning of the year, so we were able to see their new house and definitely follow up with their son, LittleC. He's crawling all over that house and he is such a smiley baby!

I had promised A a baby quilt at her baby shower (approximately a year ago!) and made the last push to finish LittleC's quilt this weekend. [In the meantime, my dear friend M had her baby C about eleven weeks early and one quilt trumped the other.] Apologies for the following cell phone pictures.


I was definitely not done hand stitching the orange binding to the back of the quilt in these first few pictures!



I designed the bar-graph-looking top just for LittleC and quite like how it turned out.


Pretty typical back for a modern quilt.


Close-up of the back of the quilt.


I do not have a sewing machine that actually "quilts" (or a walking foot, for that matter), so I just quilted in straight, easy lines. They are definitely not perfect, but they are getting better and I know the babies won't notice any time soon.


See, it's going to look great wrapped around LittleC!


The front porch of N&A's new house! And slightly better light.


LittleC's daddy, N, holding up his son's quilt.


And the back, again. I really loved this quilt - the lines, the bright colors. But, I've loved each one I've made and I know that the babies will love them and that their parents appreciate them. The next one is already super complicated, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments: