Friday, October 1, 2010

Almost Done

Almost done is the way some things in our house stay for awhile. But this project is at the functional stage, waiting on me for the final touches.




The masterful C working on the desktop.




C remembered that I might need a shelf for my printer - so smart, that man!




Essentially, installed. Can you tell that it is seven feet long? Three feet high? It is so awesome - just needs painting!




Dad sent some paint with Mom last weekend. Oil based semi-gloss for the curious. I threatened to go to H.ome Depot for paint and instead, I get to use some fabulous P.orter Paint. In this picture, it just looks cluttered again, but there is a method AND I have to clear it all off again to paint it anyway. Potential problem: this workspace is the perfect height for leaning over to work on a task, but not for your average office chair. C came home with TWO drafting chairs from work! I was dreading spending the money on specialty chairs!

As of right now, I have a dining room table again and I almost have the guest bed cleared off. I need to find time to paint the top, hang some pictures, and organize a little more, and I am done! C did such a great job!

- Posted from my mobile phone

2 comments:

the barnes family said...

That's awesome! Can I borrow him sometime when I need things done/built around my house? Or maybe I could just send Dan your way for a quick tutorial? Just an idea. So glad you get your very own personalized workspace!

Anonymous said...

Anne I so enjoy, love and appreciate knowing you and c through the eyes of your blog. The name of your blog alone is such an invitation. LGR