Sunday, January 24, 2010

The One About Shoes

This post may initially seem shallow and superficial, but it isn't. Not completely.
Shoes are important here. We protect our feet from rough terrain, too smooth ice, slippery surfaces, the heat and the cold, and we do so with SHOES!
While it is nice to have the fashionably, pretty shoes, it probably goes without saying that C and I go for function over fashion most days.
So, after months of searching for some good shoes with little results, I finally found some that I love. Which resulted in the purchase of three pairs. A big shout-out to the Tradehome store - I always find shoes that I love there. As opposed to Off Broadway Shoes, where I usually regret my purchases and the pain they cause my feet.
Oh, and I have very, very good taste in shoes, as far as the supportive ones go.

In the montage above, we have Earth Shoes (the brown leather shoe shoes), J-41s (which are shoes made out of Jeep tires and designed by Jeep), and Merrells (the brown leather/suede mary janes). I've done some research into Earth Shoes (popular in the 70s) and they are supposed to be designed to support women as they walk using the reverse heel technology (the heel has less of a sole than the ball of the shoe). They feel weird, but they make me stand up straight and the leather is so pretty and wonderful. The J-41 shoes are more of summer sandals, although since they have a covered toe, I can wear them to work. They have the most comfortable foot bed! And they are made by Jeep, out of Jeeps - so is there a more perfect shoe for this family? The Merrells are just wonderful - I've had my eye on these for almost nine months and there they were - the last pair and on sale! Both sister B and I have Merrell jungle mocs that have lasted us six or seven year - and mine have survived a puppy named Bella's teething (last pair of shoes she ever touched!). We love them. Merrell just makes good shoes.


A very cool picture. My slippers are the ones on the right and they are awesome. They are lined and have a real gum sole. C found these and got them for me for Christmas after I begged for a pair of LLBean slippers. These are so much better! Only one downfall: I can't wear them outside and definitely not into the garage where different chemicals on the floor can eat through the gum soles. C's slippers are on the left and they are almost as cool. They are much cheaper and much more functional because he is really hard on slippers. But he likes his too - especially when he's letting the dogs out at 6:30am every morning.


A needed close-up of the Jeep sandals. So very very cool. I may even wear them with socks just to experience them even sooner that the weather will allow. Don't tell anyone.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Miriah said...

AAAHHHH I LOVE them all!!! and am more than a little jealous because Amy still has my Keens which are what would wear all the time. My fault not hers. I left them. But you make me want to go get some new shoes. SOOOO grea. Love them. Love you.XOXO. M.

the barnes family said...

You are so trendy! You need to take me shoe shopping. Most of mine look like they've been run over by a Jeep! We still need to get together. Call me!

LGR said...

Oh dear, I still have your Merrills! I bet you miss them. Come visit soon and I'll let you have your shoes back. We really miss you!