Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dog Bones

We visited Tractor Supply this morning. Which is across the street from Petsmart. And we can't ever deprive the dogs of a fun ride. When we arrived at Petsmart, Bella tried to eat all of the other dogs, but her paws have no grip on the tile - if they would have, I would have been in real trouble. We had to watch Boris closely as well, because he likes to mark in the store. We went with the purpose of getting them some bones and treats and sure enough, Boris began sniffing each of the bones on the shelves as if he was choosing his own. Very cute. At least two different couples stopped us to ask what type of dog he is. I am assuming that since Blue Heelers are such a working/farm breed, that they don't usually come into Petsmart. Perhaps the local co-op, but not Petsmart. And Bella, she looks like something (retriever), so people don't usually ask. But if you are a people, it should be noted that Bella is the sweet one.

We picked up two almost two foot long bones for the dogs. Boris wouldn't stay still long enough for me to capture a good picture. He is still so excited, dropping his bone on the floor and banging it into the walls. Maybe these will last more than a day!

The cow femurs always last longer. Most dogs chew on bones this way, but heelers are known to be real "handsy" dogs.


Bella's huge claws and webbed feet holding her bone in place. She was trying to get this one out of my hands before I had all of the wrapping off. Silly dog.


This is much more accurate. Bella and her two bones. She probably growled when Boris went to grab one!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

nicole said...

I love your doggies! they are so funny...picking out their own bone and eating before the wrapper was off! Wish I could talk my C into getting a dog, I miss the joy they bring in your life!

Miriah said...

Hey, Nicole, I got a great idea. I will drive down to TX and bring you a dog. A beautiful, partially trained, VERY loving, very active lab/weimeraner. Double plus--you get a dog and I get to see you! Sounds great right?????

Miriah said...

PS Anne, your dogs look happy, and very content. Kinda like Phoebe did after eating european baby toys and cashmere scarves. How do you get them to like bones? :)