Monday, August 24, 2009

The Love of B and E

B arrived on Sunday, August 16th. She was slightly overdue and MUCH anticipated by everyone, her parents most of all. We were able to visit on the following Saturday and spend some wonderful time with many people dear to us.
This is AM, mother to E and B, mother extraordinaire. She is beautiful, fabulous, amazing. She is a wonderful mother, wife, and friend. And here she is, in the sunshine, looking exceptionally lovely. *What I wouldn't give for a porch swing . . .
I think this is AM on nursing duty.
Yes, definitely nursing. Her mom tells us that Little B is a terrific eater and that her weight is going up up up! That is great! I've always loved how comfortable AM is with nursing and mothering and doing everything she needs to for her children. She is a great example.

Little E, who no longer seems quite as little next to his sister, found C a suitable piece of playground equipment. I love the way his eyes light up as he plays and laughs. Oh, I guess I meant that about both E and C! E has also recently learned our names (mine and C's) and will run through the house yelling them over and over. It really does melt my heart a little bit.


No idea exactly what is going on here, but it is similar to how little E watch the demo derby with his ears covered. I also find it funny that all of C's facial hair no longer sends E running and crying from the room. He's overcome all of that and I'm betting that C is just way too much fun to play with to be considered scary anymore!
This one surely has some sort of story. E wants to fly up. His grandma (AM's mom, and E also) is looking up with some sort of concern. And I'm not sure what C is thinking, but he's looking towards me and R.


THIS is how big and charming E has gotten! He looks so grown up and ready to be a big brother!

R, in his fun paisley shirt. I don't have pictures of R, C, or me holding baby B, but we all did and I'm sure she left her sweet baby smell and warmth on all of us. R is just so darn cute and I knew E had to have gotten that charming look from somewhere. That also means that B stands a good chance of capturing her mother's stunning looks. Those dark haired, blue eyed beauties will get you every time.

My favorite, B and AM, daughter and mother.

***AM has more pictures of B and E on her site and I don't think she would mind visitors there!

3 comments:

Miriah said...

Oh these are so lovely! Thank you. It was such a gift to see you, I can hardly believe it was over a week ago! I can't fathom that my princess is already 2 weeks time marches so steadily. And E starts preschool tomorrow! Wow.

nicole said...

Thank you for sharing these pics! I wish I could have been there to share in such a joyous ocassion.

Annie said...

What a lovely photo of the mother nursing her newborn....so sweet!

I found your bog from a comment you left on Kami's - and I am glad I did. I didn't know you could quilt. My mother in law LOVES quilting so I have picked up the love, but not the talent LOL