Saturday, July 11, 2009

Laketime Over the 4th and Some Dogs

We spent a lot of time at the lake over the 4th of July weekend. First time was a fishing expedition (few fish, no sunburn), and the second time was a tubing/wake boarding outing (small sunburn). Pictures are from the tubing fun with the S family:
J is C's friend and boss and he probably would not like this picture, but there were worse ones of us all, so I figure it's okay.

(Double) LL is J's girlfriend and she is nice, fun, and always helpful - we had a lot of fun hanging out!


We were able to swim a bit - you can see C in the red life vest, J's son G in the purple, and his daughter L in the yellow on the tube. I think it is one of the harder tubes to stay on!

G and C swimming around.


L, G, and C goofing off in the water. We had been playing king-of-the-tube earlier, as well as climbing on the tube and doing flips off (okay, that was me). C and L were the best tubers (funny!) by far. And (double) LL surmised the "art" or "sport" of tubing very well: it's all about seeing who can hold the longest just to spite the other five people in the boat. I tend to agree - it's why I hold on and why I did not go tubing this last time.


The dogs, both of them, have been really clingy and needy lately. Boris is usually like that, but Bella's neediness was a little unusual. So I had her climb up in the recliner with me for some "mom-time." All 90 pounds of her.


PS. I am tan due to all the sunburns. Really, this is tan for me!


Boris in his pool (through a foggy camera). He seems to pee in it, keep playing in it, and then drink from it and puke, so we have to stay on top of rinsing it out when the pool turns green.


Funny dog - loves the hose! Or is it his arch nemesis? I can never tell.


C and I have learned to store the hose on the other side of the fence. Or Boris gets it. And drags it all over the yard. And will probably puncture it sometime soon. But oh how he loves/hate it.

4 comments:

Miriah said...

I am a bit jealous of all your boat time! Of course, until E and B are a little older, I doubt I would be able to chill enough to enjoy a boat on the lake. You look great though. An I loved your birthday cake that C made! It looks absolutely delicious. R has NEVER made me a cake either. So that is really, really, special. It was delightful to talk yesterday, even though it was brief. Miss you and I am looking forward to seeing you soon! Matt is coming down this weekend too to work on the Derby car--R and I think this is the year that he will win (and my mom does too!)

nicole said...

Okay, I need to hit the lake with you! I love to tube and I must say back in the day, I was very good, but that was a very long time ago and I am not so sure if that stays with you like riding a bike or not?
After seeing Bella on your lap, I think she weighs more that you do! Today I decided to finally get rid of Maggie's pillow, it's so hard to let go, even after a year...Thanks for putting pics of your dogs up, I really enjoy them!

Kit said...

Tubing is awesome, it has been too long since I've been drug around behind a boat.

the barnes family said...

I so need to come visit and meet those adorable dogs of yours!