Friday, March 20, 2009

We Have Another Jeep

I drive a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee to work everyday. I love it and it has yet to have any serious problems, or anything that isn't super simple for C to figure out and fix. I've fallen in love with Jeeps. I've wanted a Jeep Wagoneer for about two years now and suddenly one fell out of the sky. It needs some work, but it, along with the parts Wagoneer are now ours. In fact, C should be pulling in the driveway with our new truck any minute now.




My new (to me) 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. It's dark blue with minimal rust and the interior is full of new parts and accessories that a previous owner bought, but never installed. It might be a little bit like Christmas morning tomorrow when we sort through it all.

Side view: it has some issues. I was reading up on these and any Jeep Wagoneer made after a certain year in the 1980s had a defective clear coat of paint on it. There was a recall where a new paint job was offered, but that has expired and the paint used for the recall wasn't very high quality either. So, the paint was bound to have some issues. This truck actually has awesome wheels though, and I think we have six of them (not that we need six, but we have them).

This is the accompanying parts truck. I kind of like the aesthetics of this one better: the maroon color and wood panelling. It is not in very good shape. What C really wants to do is put a diesel motor in this one, slip some heavy duty axles under it, and call it a beast. If we can get the diesel and axles for a tidy sum, we will get the blue Wagoneer running, sell it, and build the maroon one into the truck of my dreams. We'll see.

Jeep it up. I think I am a die hard fan now. The interior isn't pristine, but it is in okay shape - nothing I can't fix with money and the internet!

This is me and my new Jeep. I should take a picture of me with my old Jeep, which is actually the newer Jeep, if you are following!

No comments: