Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chainsaws Are Hot

I helped with the tree for awhile, but then N came over and he had a chainsaw, which made him categorically more helpful. So I went inside and folded laundry.
Much to my surprise, when I looked out the window I saw this. It didn't look safe, but then again, I am sure that C and N had discussed ways to get that part of the tree down. Standing on it and cutting it at the same time must have seemed like the best solution.
He's still super attractive. I made him put on protective eye gear and he informed me that he had NEVER worn eye protection while wielding a chainsaw before. Yeah, and I say he's darn lucky that he still has both eyes. I really like those eyes!
That's N at the top of the ladder there. It looks safe, right? Right?!


Thought I'd show you the big picture. In my opinion, it still doesn't look safe, but they did get it down. That is the neighbor (who I think the tree belongs to, because seriously, who plants flowers around the neighbors' tree?) with C on the ground. If I was up there, I would have dropped the chainsaw twice and I'm sure it would have broken the second time.

Getting closer!


This was the secondary action taken to get this limb unattached from the tree. It worked! C took down the trunk of the tree last night and cut it up. We think we have friends that will grind the stump out and C's parents get all of the usable wood (they heat their home by wood only). Not exactly what we had in mind for the weekend. It is our first homeowners' claim though and it will meet our deductible. Bring on the hail, baby! We need a new roof!

1 comment:

Miriah said...

Everett says, "Trees!" Well at least he kinda gets it. Our day out got snowed in, so we are hunkering down near the fire just holding on. Hope you guys don't get as much as we have!