Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Country Life Photos - courtesy of Orange Peel Photography

Last Friday evening, the wonderfully talented Kami Van Slyke, of Orange Peel Photography, came by the house to capture our little family of six on film. I can never see what she sees through her lens, but I always love the result. I'm not sure if it's how she takes the photos or if some aspect of who we are to her is caught in translation and presented in a way I haven't conceived in these photos. Have I mentioned that Kami is a love of ours? Bubba adores her, C thinks she's down to earth and so so funny and me? I know she's the real deal and she is really the present that Tyler gave me - another story for another time for sure.

So Kami came, months pregnant, on a cold, blustery Friday evening to get us to behave on film - it doesn't really happen, but these are so great.





We live the country life right now and it really is this breathtaking. And Bubba is the twinkle in our eyes and the reason for our smiles. This is us right now and Kami got it - thank you so much!

If you want to see more of our shoot, check out Kami's blog post. And if you want to time travel, this is a post about our first photos with Kami and another with Ivan's newborn photos.

2 comments:

DealFindingDiva said...

Beautiful family! Creatively written! Miss you love! Renee

Kami Van Slyke said...

Seriously! Some of the kindest words I've heard in a long time. So much love for you guys!!!