Thursday, November 22, 2012

First Food: Sweet Potatoes

It's been a little hard on me to make the decision to start Ivan on solids. Kind of a protective thing because I know where my milk has been/is coming from. I have the same suspicion of formula. So Ivan hasn't had anything but my milk and two or three feedings of formula in the NICU before I was producing. He has been taking a real interest in watching/grabbing at us while we're eating and drinking and he was right at the cusp of six months old, so we figured it was about time. I've read up on different foods and ways to start this process and basically decided that we'll make him the healthiest food we can.

We began on Thanksgiving with cooked organic sweet potato mixed with milk to make a yummy orange slurry. And huge surprise (perhaps only to me), Ivan was super ready for food. Open mouth, grabbing at the spoon, that's our little guy.






















- Posted from my mobile phone

1 comment:

the barnes family said...

You're such a good mommy. I love the pics of Ivan getting fed like a little baby bird! Such a handsome baby boy!