Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hey Little Dude, Today was Your Due Date

 If you heard me talking about my pregnancy at all in the last few months, you know that I was hoping for an 8+ pound baby (like my mom had!) and that I wasn't expecting this child to arrive until at least a week past his or her due date (like my mom's tardy children).  In fact, I was just hoping to have a baby earth side by the fourth of July.  Imagine my surprise.


Today, June 27th, was Ivan's due date.  It didn't mean a lot to me because about 5% of babies actually arrive on their "due date," with most arriving in the two weeks before or after said date.


I'm so glad that Ivan is here that we've met him and are figuring out this new creature that is our son to grow and raise.  The last month has been crazy (especially when you count up all the things that we've learned!).  


He's kind of the best thing ever.  No kidding.


Sometimes, as I assume it is with all new parents, I marvel at this human combination of C and me.



Little Dude loves his daddy so much.  He finds C's voice and warm touch very reassuring.  C is such a great dad - much more natural than I have been at mothering.  He is unafraid of the tiny being that is Ivan, never shies away from a diaper, and jumped right in to give Ivan his first (and so far only!) bath.


Thank you, Baby Ivan for making us parents and doing so early in your rush to enter the world. 
We surely love you and couldn't imagine life without you!


All photos courtesy of Kami @ OrangePeel Photography.
Additional photos on her blog post.

No comments: