Sunday, August 21, 2011

Something to do with Sister B

She never reads this blog, even though C's brothers occasionally do. So I could say a lot of things about her and start all sorts of rumors. But I won't because I dearly love sister B.

Below is something that's a little more about me. I've needed fabric labels for my quilts/projects that go off into the world. I didn't care for any of the predesigned ones, so I set out to design my own. I should have just paid someone uber talented to get them right, but instead I spent five hours in the simple Paint program (no, I can't figure out Photoshop or GIMP, or any other complicated program). The cool thing is, once you have a design, you can upload it to a custom design fabric place (I adore Spoonflower.com) and have them print it. Your cost/label drops significantly compared to the fabric label sheets you can run through your printer. Pretty cool, right?

These are what I came up with for now. The blanks I can fill in with a fabric pen/marker (I prefer Micron). Might have one of those talented people clean it up and color it in for future printings.




I found this fabric someone had designed on Spoonflower. I'm going to try and work it into the following project. It's got sister B's name written all over it (she's a hippo kind of girl - I can say that because she doesn't visit here)!




This is going to be the coolest thing ever. It's a quilt for sister B, who might have asked why I make quilts for other people's children, but not my only sister. Probably because babies don't have opinions on color, fabric, design, pattern or thread color. Oh, and baby quilts are smaller than the larger-than-queen-size quilt she wants. But sure enough, I took the challenge and have all the blocks pieced, cut out and need to find the motivation to cut all the sashing. I think it's going to be a beast, but spectacular.




Sister B will definitely get a "Made with Love" label. Unfortunately, this quilt will be nowhere near complete by her birthday in September. Happy birthday anyway, B!

- Posted from my mobile phone

1 comment:

the barnes family said...

Love the seahorse label! You are so cute! Love you girlie!