Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quickie

Warning: no picture post . . . .

Just wanted to let everyone know that C took his RLS exam yesterday. It is the second part of his testing to become a licenced surveyor (LS). He passed the first exam in October or last April (I can't remember) on his first try to become an LSIT (I always say that stands for Licenced Surveyor In Training, but it may be something else). Yesterday, he took two parts of the exam: the national portion and state specific. We are hoping that he passed both and will be granted his LS in June sometime. If he only passes one, he can go back in October and retake the specific test that he needs to. He did a lot more studying this time around, so we are both hopeful. He's also just glad that it is all over! I sent him off with a hug, kiss, and a care package that contained lots of trail mix, gum, gummi bears, Gatorade, and Smart Water (surely that helped, right?). He's home and happy to be concerned with other things now!

The same evening he left to head to the town where the test is, I drove to T town, halfway between our hometown and where we live now. I surprised my dad at Red Lobster (completely orchestrated by my mom - she's great at this stuff!) for an early birthday dinner. It was funny to watch the realization spread across his face that yes, that was his oldest daughter walking in! We had a really nice dinner and just talked. I love to just sit and listen to my dad's stories - and I hope that he loves to tell them! My mom was just so excited that she kept smiling at us! We missed C and sister B, of course, but we'll figure out how to get the whole family together soon! There is a family reunion coming up in June after all.

Right now, C is trying to load up the Dodge and the rest of that wood to take back to his parents. Tonight, the guy that C and R got the Dodge from is having a little get-together (he's been in Iraq and is back for his two week R&R) and we all thought it would mean A LOT to him to see the Dodge in all it's finished (mostly finished) glory. It's a sweet surprise. He really wanted to give (yeah, GIVE - C and R traded and engine block and some other random stuff for the Dodge and another truck) the Dodge to someone that was going to do something with it - C sure has. I'm so proud of him and what he's done - I think this guy is going to love it!

I'm kind of cleaning and kind of blogging and kind of waiting around to see when I get to pick up/meet up with M. She's one of my favorite people and she came from FL to visit her family up here. So we are going to get a little time together and then it's off to the airport tomorrow morning. [M is one of my childhood friends (think seven or eight years old) that made the transition to adult friend! Somehow, even though she moved away at age ten, we still had a lot in common and continued a friendship through letters, which we still do to this day, along with a few phone calls!] I can't wait to see her and bring her home! We will see if we can get some pictures of us - although C getting pictures of his outing is about impossible!

1 comment:

Miriah said...

I really hope you and M have a wonderful afternoon. I am so glad you posted, I love reading your blog. It makes me feel like we live a little bit closer. I sent off a longish letter yesterday. It should arrive sometime early next week I hope. Love you bunches and bunches. And I will post more preggie pictures as soon as I can get R to take some. It is pretty difficult to self-time and still get decent shots, so much easier with help! We are going to the races tomorrow if you want to meet up with us!!!! I will call, okay? Jan is even going to watch E! XOXOX.