Monday, April 6, 2009

Finished Bedroom

We finished the bedroom Sunday evening and sister B (over visiting) and I picked up everything, but left the room alone to dry. It is nice to have another queen sized bed in the spare room (I usually call it the orange room or the library).
C was so sweet and moved all the furniture back in after he got off of work on Monday evening! Either he was sweet, or sick of having my dresser and bookshelf in the hallway. He even rearranged; we are really big on changing up the furniture arrangement when we can. Please ignore the weird camera/mirror thing going on in this photograph.
Nice color - we both like it. Now I need some pretty linens to pop against the neutral walls. I'm thinking a blue (can't decide between light or deep) and a burnt orange color for the bed accessories. C and I also need to decide on a design for the bed/headboard - I think he can make us something really unique and functional.

I do brag on C a lot; he made these shelves after I passed along the idea (kind of leaning, etc.) from some I'd seen in a shop. My favorite fiction is at the bottom (yes I am very selective), and most of the other objects are from my grandma, AM, or S (do you see your pitcher AGAIN? You are all over the blogosphere!).


This picture relaxes me and I am calm as I sit in our bedroom and type. I've always agreed with those that say a couple's bedroom should be their relaxing oasis. I think we did a good job with this - I am so grateful for C's help.

3 comments:

the barnes family said...

I am so loving the bedroom! I would love to come see it in person... and you, of course! I miss you tons and am anxiously waiting to reconnect with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including my work in your collection of treasures!
-S

Miriah said...

Can I be a belated commenter and at the same time beg for more pictures and an update? I think your bedroom looks so very peaceful. I love it. And I can't wait to visit--hopefully before too long we will be making a KC trip where we actually get to see you. It stinks that we will be there on Sunday but you guys will be busy?? We still have 2 tickets if you want to watch Formula 1 racing on Sunday evening at the Speedway!