Saturday, March 21, 2009

Desperation & Cupcakes & Hummus

Do you see the desperation in the little one's eyes? Boris and Bella were SO upset that their dad left in his truck without them. C took the boat to the lake and went fishing with N. These guys sat by the door for at least two hours after C was gone. They work themselves into a frenzy when they hear the diesel start up or when they hear it coming down the street.
Boris is pathetic and I needed to show C just how bad it gets when he leaves in his truck.

I, being completely insensitive to the dogs' angst, made yellow cupcakes. I tossed a few in N's truck for him and A to enjoy.

In the family I grew up in, we appreciate frosting, but not as much as everyone else. So we usually leave half of a cake, or a fourth of the cupcakes, unfrosted. Because sometimes you just aren't in the mood for frosting.

I made hummus and it tastes good! It is entirely thanks to K's recipes, that is super simple, and she was generous enough to pass along. The last time I made hummus, it was so awful that I had to throw it away. I just don't have good luck with tahini or something. This version does not call for tahini, but it does have cilantro, cumin, and curry in it - all of my favorite things! I still didn't quite follow the recipe correctly (I seem unable to do so), but it tastes great and I froze some!

2 comments:

the barnes family said...

Ok, so I've never had hummus because honestly, I don't know what it is. But yours acually looks good, so you'll have to bring some with you to Goodland so I can try some. Kay?

nicole said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who loves a cupcake w/o frosting now and then! I love a plain cupcake now and then!!!